Re: [IP] Health Insurance in the States

Hi Tony --

> Now I know there is probably a great deal of variation within Insurance
> companies, but my questions are.
> In the profession I am training for there are job opportunities in the
> States.
> If I come to the States to live and work (for a couple of years), it looks
> likely that the company that will hire me will also provide medical
> insurance.
> In this case, will the insurance company accept my diabetes?(being a
> pre-existing condition)
> If not will they cover me for everything else but diabetic related illness?
> Cheers in advance,
> Tony (soon to be pumping thanks to Steve) Milne.

*Everything* you asked about ( insurance ) is a prime case of
YMMV.  Inssurance cos. all generate their own contracts, and
different contracts with different companies within different states
( i..e., "provinces..." and their are *50* of them here.  ( PU! ) ).
You'll just have to explore the various companies ( both the ones
you may work for, and their insurance cos. ) to see what they'll

I know it sounds bad, but the US is a *big* country of ( essentially )
"small towns."  BTW, congratulations on your "soon to be pumping"
msg ... you'll *really* like it!

John Huff, Dayton OH ( < 200 mi from Lake Erie )
( type 1, dx @ 18 months, now 61 yo, pumping since 9/30/98 )
mailto:email @ redacted