[IP] Health Insurance in the States

Now I know there is probably a great deal of variation within Insurance
companies, but my questions are.
In the profession I am training for there are job opportunities in the
If I come to the States to live and work (for a couple of years), it looks
likely that the company that will hire me will also provide medical
In this case, will the insurance company accept my diabetes?(being a
pre-existing condition)
If not will they cover me for everything else but diabetic related illness?
Cheers in advance,
Tony (soon to be pumping thanks to Steve) Milne.