[IP] switching to humalog

Hi friends. I will be switching to Humalog from Velosulin in the not too
distant future. I started on V., but I keep having humongous post-prandials
and am going to bite the bullet and switch. I would appreciate info. from
those of you who also switched from V. to H. as to the best way to do it,
what to expect, etc..
Also, does anyone know of any studies published or even articles written
about mixing V. and H.-my endo. smirked at the idea, I'm anxious to do it
without his blessing  in case "something happened", but I think it sounds
like the way to go. Thanks, Cindy in Seattle