[IP] Re: Excercise

     Regarding how to bolus for exercise, you mentioned hiking in the
     mountains.  Depending on the altitude difference from where you live
     and where you hike, you may need to adjust your insuling dose for
     altitude.  For instance, I live in Illinois, and when I go up into the
     Rocky Mtns on vacation, I have to raise my basal rates.  However, if I
     hike or exercise up there, I then take LESS Humalog during that time
     period or slightly before.
     I think (?) others have written about the opposite effect for
     themselves, so it's something you'll just have to figure for yourself.
      Just wanted to let you know, though, that altitude can have an