RE: [IP] News and question

Natalie Sera wrote:
Beginner's question: What exactly is a catheter and what is a cannula?
Or are they just different words for the same thing?
Let's see Natalie...I'll attempt to answer this....the catheter is I believe
the actual Tender or Sillouhette itself.  The cannula is the small plastic
piece that covers the introducer needle on the Tender or Sillouhette.  The
cannula remains in you after the needle is removed to deliver the insulin
continuously.  Hmmmm...maybe someone else can paint a prettier picture :)

Carol Wilson
Type 1 - 21+ years
Pumping since 9/22/98