[IP] RE: insulin-pumpers-digest V2 #623

Hi all just catching up on my email and saw a message I had to respond to.
I'm sorry that Steve had some problems with Disetronic but I think the
letter was too harsh. You don't see me slamming Minimed because I had
problems with their pump and switched to Disetronic. Slamming the other
company doesn't help anything and just makes people defensive. I've had my
Disetronic pump almost ten years and have had 1 pump that broke.
Fortunately I had my backup so I didn't have to stop pumping. As far as the
service goes alot depends on the area rep and believe me I've met terrible
reps for both companies. If you have a problem don't wait until it gets out
of control. Ask to speak to a supervisor and their supervisor and so on
until you resolve the issue. Good luck with your minimed Steve and happy
pumping to all.
IDDM 20 years Pumping 12