[IP] Books...

Hi all,

I just received _Needles: A Memior of Growing up with Diabetes_ by Andie
Dominick (1998 by Scribner).  I have only read the first chapter and it
seems real interesting.  Whether or not Dominick has a pump I do not know.
But I know of no other book length autobiography/memior/biography in which
diabetes plays such a mojor role.   So I thought I'd see if anyone else
knew about this book.

By the way, does anyone know of any other auto/biographic accounts of
living with diabetes? You might say I am trying to collect/find/gather
these kinds of published accounts.  When I look at Amazon.com or any book
store, I find numerous stories of people's experience with and survival
from cancer--might have to do with the "survival"--and a handful of
stories about living with AIDS, but none (really) about living with

Am I simply dense?  (Please don't answer that :)

Thanks in advance.

David Martins

PS Seeing as October was Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and _People_ had a
very nice issue featuring survivors of breast cancer, does anyone know of
anything being planned for or published already for November: National
Diabetes Awareness Month?  Just wonderning.