[IP] ADA meeting

We had an ADA meeting last night in the largest town to me, about 1 1/2 hours
from here.  We are trying to get a chapter started here.  The district manager
came up and believe it or not she said the main reason Diabetes is not getting
enough attention is because the ADA has not publicized enough,and says she
hopes the will start doing more because that is the only way to get help.  We
are planning on some fundraisers.  One of the men who came is a Type II
diabetic and from the TV station.  He gives the news at lunch and 5:00.  He
says he'll do all he can to get it on the air!!!!!  So maybe that's a start
here.  I suggested getting info into the schools.  I bet every 10yo in America
knows what AIDS is but has no idea what diabetes is, even though they are more
apt to get it than aids.  What do ya'll think?

Tonya S.
If anyone has suggestions I'd love to hear them.