Re: [IP] Gonna get me some new sites

In a message dated 11/10/98 9:08:13 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I have been having site problems lately, even with the V-H Mix.  I think
the 12+ years of using my stomach for shots and then 2 years on the pump, 99%
of time using stomach area, have done its job and there are no spots left
which don't give me some absorption problems.  Been having problems for
several weeks and  this week I have had to changed sites 4 times in 5 days
(ouch$$$) and finally went to upper abdomen (above waist) and will go to upper
thighs next.
 Course you know what I do, when I get that high 276 reading, I bolus, and
after two hours bgs have barely moved down, so I bolus again.  Woke up this
morning with 34!  I gotta remember that it takes forever to come down from a
high, but lows come quickly.  I know we have all talked about this.  Sometimes
I am a slow learner.....
 Does anyone know if there is a typical period of rejuvenation for the
stomach....?  If I don't use any area in stomach for one year, will the
problem of site absorption there go away?   Please share your experiences with
me on this issue.
 Thanks!!! >>

Okay, she mentions the absorption.  This is one of the things I worry about
putting Amanda on the pump so young (age 5).  Is this a big problem or nothing
to sweat?????   And I would also like to know if you stop using a site for
awhile, are you able to go back to it???  And how long should you wait, or is
that an individual thing???

Thanks for answering these questions.  I really need to know everything about
the pump.

Amanda's mom
age 5   dx at 3 1/2