Re: [IP] Re: Pork Insulin In The Pump????

> Michael,
> What exactly is the function of the 'buffering compound'?

There is a good description somewhere on the internet. The buffering
compound is the liquid solution you see in the vial that actually
carries the insulin molecule. There are several in use, and if the
'wrong' ones are mixed you get a gluey mess that is not useable as a
medication. There are some warnings on the drug company websites in
the 'patient' guides that mention this. There are some additional
things the buffer solution does with respect to moving the insulin
molecule through the cell wall, but I have not exceed the extent of
my knowledge. Perhaps one of the more knowledgable list members can
fill in the details.