Re: [IP] Hey - where's your dot?

> << And one person can be in one or more catagories
>  the question becomes, if we make different colors, what are they
>  and how do we catgorize dual (or triple) checkers.
>   >>
> Sounds like an unsolvable problem to me. My apologies for creating a
> new problem.  It is more important for pumping members to know where
> other members are. I don't need a dot. Barbara B.

Not really a problem at this point, take a look at the catagories on
the ABOUT page. If we did do this, it would have to follow the
catagories the currently exist in the database. It is simply a matter
of assigning a color to a particular catagory. Red just happens to be
the easiest to see when it is small. List mates, what do you think??

For those interested, a sample of the available dots and colors are
shown at:

We were using size 4 dots, but the map became too crowded. The size 3
dot is being used now and is the smallest available and is only in
the colors shown. As you can see, the most visible is 'red' with most
of the others  pretty bad. The larger dot colors are more visible,
but they take too much room for "persons with diabetes", but possibly
could be used for the other catagories that have a much lower density
and are probably spread out more. However, there could be problems
using a larger dot for these catagories because in highly populated
areas, it would tend to obscure the small dots. Just rambling, would
like some feed back.

Michael <email @ redacted>