Re: [IP] Compulsive Measureing

>  Am I missing something?  Is there any reason an electronic
> scale is intrinsically better?  And anyway doesn't an electronic
> scale have to be plugged in?
No, it is not intrinsically better. Lily has one of each. The
mechanical one while a little bulkier, is the one she takes with her
when she travels on overnights or to camp, where-ever.... it is
much more portable simply because it does not have to be plugged in.
The electronic one we have is no longer in production and the newer
models do not use the same strain gauge technology and will not pass
the 'plate' test unless you buy a very expensive one. Personally,
I've found the rotary dial mechanical to be very reliable and easy to
use. The electronic scale is very nice, you push a button to tare - 0
and then weigh the food - slick. But I wouldn't spend several hundred
dollars to duplicate it if I had to get another.

Michael <email @ redacted>