Re: [IP] Hey - where's your dot?

> I for one am on the pumper's list but do not have a dot where I live
> because Michael says the program he uses thinks Arlington Virginia
> is in Norfolk or something.  I notice there are no dots in the
> Washington,D.C., metro area, but on the chance that there are
> actually others of you out there undotted, I wondered if any of you
> are involved in a pump support group in Northern Virginia or the
> D.C. area?

If you want to see where the government puts you dot, take a look at

tiger.census.gov and click the tms 2.5 link. There is a map program
that will find the co-ordinates there from the census bureau

They purposefully mislocated lots of those places in the public
database to 'fool' those who would use the database for missle
co-ordinates (How stupid do they think they are anyway).

The database is from the 1990 census ( I think).

Michael <email @ redacted>