Re: [IP] Problem

In a message dated 11/8/98 12:51:24 PM Mountain Standard Time, email @ redacted

<<  Now the last 2
 mornings I have awoke at 265. I take a 'high' bolus as soon as I check
 my blood and down I come. So its not the Insulin. Not the site. Not and
 obstruction in the tubing which only leaves the food I eat prior to
 bedtime. The last 2 night I have eaten scrambled eggs and a link of
 sausage and a hash brown. I believe there is no counting the egg and
 sausage in carbs. Personally I am about tired of waking up and feeling
 like crap for an hour til the Bolus kicks in.. Any Ideas?? >>

Yes, but the fat in the sausage delays the absorption of the carbs in the
hashbrowns and will send your bg UP later on.  If you must have a snack
at bedtime (I always do, just 'cause I get hungry if I don't) I suggest you
have something with a bit more carb and less fat.  Like a sandwich.  If
you want to stick with the sausage, then you should either set a temp.
basal rate or use a square wave bolus, to accomodate the rise in bg from
the fat.

Mary Jean