[IP] Feeling bad

Hi Again,

              Just little ol' me, Stacey. I need some help.(Please no
comment from the peanut gallery)LOL. Anyway, today is day three of
actual pumping and I feel like crap. My head aches constantly and I'm
very light headed. Also, I feel like I am going to barf. Could someone
please tell me what's wrong. My sugars have been so-so. Last night at
2:00AM my sugars dropped to 1.7 mmol/L. I almost didn't make it to the
kitchen for some sugar. This is the lowest that my sugars have fallen in
121/2 years of being a diabetic. Today, bg's have been between 5 and 8
mmol/l. Which is good but my body is not use to the "normal bg's". I
have always been in the high teen's or high 20's. I am now on a new
insulin(new to me that is) Humalog. Would my body be reacting to the
change of everything??? I mean it is an awful shock to a person's system
actually receiving insulin 24 hrs a day. I am just confused because I
thought that once I was pumping I would feel so much better. I feel
worse now.
              Friends of ours want me and my hubby to go out tonight but
I am afraid too because of the fluctuations in my sugars. They want me
to be the designated driver but if my bg's are not stable they could be
worse off with me than a drunk.(figure of speech).
I hope some of you good hearted people can help me out. THANK YOU,