Re: [IP] pump advocate

My employer had someone come do flu shots today.
I made a comment about the needle being bigger
than a insulin needle and about the same size
as the introducer needle on the tender.  The Nurse
doing the shots hadn't seen an insulin pump so of
course I had to show mine off <g>.  I told him
about basal delivery and how much nice it is to
determine amount of insulin needed for a meal and
just push the buttons.  He was curious about where
it went into me and my site is just below my waist
and there was a break between people coming for
shots so I showed him the infusion set and told him
that I change it twice a week and rotate sites.  I
also told him how wonderful temp basals are when I
am more active or sick.

A Very Happy Pumper for 2 Months!