pocket scale that would be easy to carry in my wallet :-)

From: email @ redacted
<< And does the book your daughter uses
 (Exchanges for All Occasions) actually have carb factors or is it just the
 exchanges (which generally are not as accurate)?  How many people on this
 actually use carb factors?
  Linda Zottoli >>

I can't speak for the scale, I still use a very inexpensive scale that
measures in ounces.  I've been getting by OK, but am beginning to lust after a
fancier one.  Maybe I'll put it on my Christmas list...

But as far as the carb factors go, it is easy to calculate them yourself for
the various foods.  You need to have a book of carb counts that lists the
actual carb content of foods by weight or volume, not the antiquated exchange
system of "1 medium apple equals 16 grams of CHO" (or whatever it is, I've
forgotten).  The IP website lists several good books, and you can even order
them directly from the IP website via amazon.com.  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Wayne Mitzner
The Johns Hopkins University
615 N. Wolfe St.,  Baltimore, MD 21205
Tel. 410 614 5446,   Fax 410 955 0299