RE: [IP] Running on empty!!!

Hi Listmates...I've gotten myself into a predicament <G>.  I'm almost out of
insulin in my pump cartridge here at work and have no spare.  I do have a
bottle of Humulog with me and a syringe.  I'm 40 miles from home and can't
leave work and I don't want this thing alarming every few minutes.  Can I
add insulin to the pump syringe via a regular needle.  I was thinking I
could remove the infusion set and inject the insulin into the cartridge and
then re-insert the set.  I'm so confused as this is the very first alarm
I've gotten in nearly 6 weeks.  I somehow miscalculated the insulin I'd need
to cover me until I get home tonight.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Carol Wilson
Type 1 - Pumping since 9/22 with a Disetronic HTron Plus