Re: [IP] pump advocate (aren't we all)

Hi David --

> [ snip ]  If anyone on this
> list knows of a way to get around the cost of getting a pump/ please let
> me know.  I'll even consider a used/reconditioned one if someone knows
> where I can contact someone for one.  Got to stop as much of the
> degeneration of my system as possible.

Well, you can use my method of "paying" for a pump ... my internist pre-
scribed one for me, *after* having me go on MDI for a couple of months,
then showing them how *bad* my BGs became.  Of course, I'm on a fee-for-
service plan that's part of the FEHBP ( Federal Employees Health Benefit
Plan ), one of the "perks" of having worked for the FedGov for 30-odd
years.  It "covered" my pump at 80% or so, I *think*: have  yet to
a bill for the balance...  So, I've paid *nothing* for my pump ... as
Go figure...

John Huff, Dayton OH
( type 1, dx @ 18 months, now 61 yo, pumping since 9/30/998 )
mailto:email @ redacted