Re: [IP] pump advocate (aren't we all)

IN>In a message dated 98-11-05 21:31:29 EST, you write:

IN><<  34 years of shots and he's still scared of needles.
IN> Go figure.  And he's a doctor!   >>
IN>Kasey...this is fabulous news. You can pat yourself  on the back and give
IN>Kayla a big hug.  I can't wait to hear what your dad has to say when he is
IN>finally pumping.

IN>Barbara B.
IN>Insulin-Pumpers website http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/

This is my first response to anyone involved with pumps.  I've been a
diabetic for 42 yrs, and I still to this day don't like shots (can't
even watch someone on TV get a shot).  However, I'm going to bite the
bullet and get on a pump as soon as the Government get's off their
behind and allows Medicare to pay for them (had to take medical
retirement at 41 yrs old due to many complications).  If anyone on this
list knows of a way to get around the cost of getting a pump/ please let
me know.  I'll even consider a used/reconditioned one if someone knows
where I can contact someone for one.  Got to stop as much of the
degeneration of my system as possible.

thanks for your help,

David Flagg     N4BGH
Winter Park, Fl