Re: [IP] Pump Supplies in Canada

->The Newfoundlanders are purchasing supplies from Guardian Pharamacy in
>New Brunswick as suggested by Minimed Rep.  ... I was under the
>impression that the cost of
>supplies were wholesale prices.. but this morning I found out , I was
>paying retail prices..
>24 sets softset QQ and 24 syringes for 507C costing over 400.00
>dollars..is this pricing in line with the rest of Canada or do you have
>any other suggestions as to where we can buy supplies..

I live in Saskatchewan and there is no supplier as far as I know in this
province. I don't even know of another pumper in the province. Most people,
diabetics included, that I meet have never even heard of the pump.The usual
assumption is that I have a pump because I "really bad" diabetes. I then
explain no - it restores a semblance of a normal life.

But I digress

I purchase my pump supplies from Farrell Medical in Calgary. I use
Shillouettes. A box of 10 set and 5 tubes is $130. They charge $10 for
shipping on orders under $500. Batteries are $32 for a card of 9. I haven't
bought any syringes yet as I got a whole slug of them when I got my pump in
July 97.  The Minmed home page lists their suppliers in Canada. -
minimized.com You might want to try looking at that as an alternative source
of supply. I can say that Farrell Medical have been good to deal with.

Gary Marlin