Re: [IP] MiniMed 507C problem?

John Huff wrote:
> I may have a problem with my "new" MM 507C.  I've been
> receiving "no deliver" alarms only while bolusing.  For
> example, I set my bolus at 6 units, and the pump *may*
> deliver 0.4, or 2.7, or even 4.6.  The last 2 infusion
> set insertions have been the only been the only times
> this occurred.  ( I've had to continually bolus until I
> receive, say, my 6 units.  May take 2 to 8 boluses to
> achive that number... )
> Any clue as to why this is?  Is my MiniMed pump faulty?

Are you sure it isn't a site problem. Sometimes the canula
will get pushed in a bit sometime after insertion, and
either get clogged by some of you caught in the tip or hit
muscle with the same effect. Whenever I get a "no delivery" alarm
I try pulling the canula base back a bit and try again. If
that doesn't work I tend to replace it in a new site.
Incidentally, do you use Silhoettes or QR's?

It COULD be the pump, though. Call MiniMed and ask them, that's
what they're there for 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

Ted Quick