Re: [IP] Pork Insulin In The Pump????

As a side note, I started pumping as a teenager and after years of poor
control, improved my control dramatically when I was about 20.  As my
control tightened (WITH PORK INSULIN) I lost a good deal of hypo awareness.
At the time, they explained that as the result of a loss of the large bg
swings.  If you do any steep drops from a long very high high (like 350++)
you may find that you feel hypo anywhere from 200 on down, depending on how
far or how fast you drop.  When my control stays within a hundred point
range 55-155 most of the time, awareness comes back.  This is true with
humalog, humulin and it was true with the pork insulin.  When I run
consistently under 100 and spend a good deal of time in the 30-90 range, I
loose much of it again.  The switch from Regular to Humulin did initially
change the symptoms a bit but, again, if I loosed the control a little, it
does come back.