[IP] Health Insurance

Hi -
I have a question here about health insurance for diabetics in the US. I
am Canadian and get full coverage here in Canada but my husband has
expressed interest in looking for work in the US at some point in the
future. My biggest concern is that I will never be able to get any
health coverage in the US - being a diabetic on the pump. His field is
medical physics/medical research so he would likely be working for a
hospital or a university. Mine is landscape architecture - small firms
that never seem to have good health insurance plans. Is it likely that I
would ever be able to get covered by my husband's plan or would I have
to go through a 2 year waiting period.....or never get covered?