[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V2 #608

     Happy D-Day to me
     Happy D-Day to ME!
     I pass 37 years diabetic (and still walking, talking, eating,
     fathering, working, typing and doing all those things with my internal
     original G-d given parts other than this funny excuse for beta-cells
     attached to my tunny)
     Happy D-Day to Me!!
     Well, let me see.
     39.1 years old
     37 years diabetes
     18 1/2 years on a pump (does this mean I've finally passed my halfway
     point and I've spent half of my diabetic life pumping?? HURRAY???)
     By the way: there was an article from another long term pumper about
     long-term feelings on pump.  DITTO!!
     I actually MISSED the very UP time due to the fact that I started
     blind (literally) and spent first four months struggling with the
     meachanics of the pump to maintain sugars between 70 and 110!
     Seems to have worked though.  I returned to college fully sighted at
     the end of the summer (four months later) and was able to complete my
     last semester as well as work for a parachute manufacturer writing
     software (and learn to fly a plane).
     Yerachmiel Altman
     old man on the pump totem poll