Re: [IP] Re: Fwd: six year old and the pump

In a message dated 10/28/98 2:44:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I don't understand why he is saying that my child has to be old enough to
make this decision for himself.  Being three years old >>

I can appreciate your thoughts.  Our son was diagnosed 1 yr. ago at age 2 1/2
and we must answer the same questions about how long must he get shots? and
why don't his friends need blood tests?
After 38 yrs of my own diabetes and 15+ yrs of my own insulin pumping, I am
somewhat resistant on putting the pump on Sam until he is ready to put the
needle in himself if he must.  We are getting Sam to understand the pump and
he is looking forward to it but I do not think he or we are ready for it yet.

Please let me know how things go for you and your son.

Good Health and Happiness, Jeff
type 1 38 yrs, dxed age 11 mths
pumping 15+ yrs