Re: [IP] Re: Pork Insulin In The Pump????

In a message dated 11/1/98 4:12:27 AM Eastern Standard Time, email @ redacted

<<  << .I do not think that animal insulin is available
 >>  > for the pump, but I am sure that early pumpers used it in
 >the pre-human
 >> based
 >>  > insulin days. >>
 I asked the MiniMed rep about this and the official response was
 that most animal based insulins are non-buffered and may cause
 crystallization. I, personally, had thought that this had been
 solved by the newer tubing and teflon infusion sets... (the
 MiniMed response may have been on the extremely conservative
 side). In any case, there is supposed to be a animal-based
 Velosulin insulin available that is buffered. If this is true
 and readily available in the US, this should take care of the
Thank you all very much for your responses to my pork insulin question.

Mom to Amanda age 5
Dx at 3 1/2