[IP] Glucophage

       Subject:
       Glucophage
       ---------------------------------
       I would like to know if any IDDM's have been given Glucophage
       to help with control.  My Dr. prescribed it especially for my
       night highs.  From what I understand it will reduce the glucose
       produced by the liver and reduce intestinal glucose absorption.
       I haven't started it yet because I wanted to learn a little
       more about the possible side effects, especially lactic
       acidosis.  I now pump 2.5/hr. from 11pm - 5am and still have a
       high morning reading sometimes.
       Any information would be appriciated.

       Samee      (IDDM - 7 years - pump 1 month)