Re: [IP] Re: Apria's billing

About insurance and provider's billing.

I just heard this over the weekend.

My brother-in-law is a surgeon. He said that both the physicians and
hospitals have to sign a contract saying that neither of them will inform
their patients of the (usually) very small amount that the insurance company
reimburses them.

For example....a hospital was reimburseD $6.00 for a bill of $75.00. The
patient thinks that all these doctors are making a killing with all their
huge charges, never knowing that the reimbursement is so minut most of the
time.
I hear this all the time from my son, who is also a physician.
THE WHOLE THING IS SICKENING TO ME. The insurance companies are in full
control of everything. when is it going to end?

Sissy