Re: [IP] MiniMed vs. Disetronic

Cindy,
My opinion is that you got a good pump.  Both pumps are good, but in
some subtle ways different.  While I was looking at both pumps, I
decided that the Disetronic would better fit my lifestyle.  This was
based on a couple of things.  Firstly the Disetronic is water proof, as
is [the red tappan is to reduce the water in the cartridge chamber, but
the chamber is water tight].  I swim as my primary exercise so this was
important.  I also was leary of the flip-door on the MM breaking off
during soccer games [wich I also do].  Finaly, Disetronic packages 2
pumps for the price of one.  This "insurance" was valuable, or so my
endo said when he said, "You don't want to be trying to figure out what
to inject at 2:00 am if your pumps breaks,  Been there, Done that and
it's not pretty."  The various features that the MM offered, square wave
bolus, night light, and more/better memory features weren't important to
me. This was in light of my being the first of my endo's patients to go
onto a Disetronic pump, all the rest have used the MiniMed.
Jay