Re: [IP] Square Wave Bolus

On Sun, 30 Nov 1997 email @ redacted wrote:

> Michael,
>
> Thanks for your info on the square bolus.  I did not realize I was supposed
> to bolus 1/3 at the meal and then square the remainder.  I was just spreading
> the entire bolus over 3-1/2 hours.  You can imagine what kind of problems
> that caused.  An extremely high post-meal blood sugar!  Thanks again.

You really need to experiment a little with the initial bolus.  Lily is
an adolescent and her metabolism behaves differently than an adult's.
Her basal requirements etc... are quite different than your (probably)
and change fairly dramatically every 6 months or so.

You should probably treat it like profiling basal rates and test it
against a 'standard' meal a couple of times.

I would be interested in your results.

Michael