[IP] antioxidants

I have been taking extra antioxidants for the last four years, since my
bypass surgery.  My cardiologist suggested it and my diabetes doc agrees with
it.  I currently take 400 IU of vitamin E and 500 mg Vitamin C  I have taken
even higher amounts than that, but my current endo suggests those quantities.
 He even takes them himself.  There is controversy over the amount needed,
and I have read several articles along the way about them.   I have taken
them primarily to help my heart disease sand eyes.   They are supposed to
help prevent  or slow the progressin of cataracts.  So, I take them.  It
can't hurt.
Beth