Re: [IP] Ketones

On Sat, 29 Nov 1997, Wasson wrote:

> I've got a question, as you know I have just started the pump, and lately
> I've had a few problems with ketones, I think its related to my cold that I
> picked up from my son and it will just have to rum its course, I've had two
> nights where my bg shoots up to the 240's and I start spilling moderate

Sounds like you need to carefully profile your basal requirements.  There
is a pretty good description of HOWTO in Pumping Insulin.

Start with
fast 5 hours, test every two hours over nite,  repeat in a couple of days
with the test time staggered by 1 hour.  Similar results should allow you
to adjust your basal rates to eliminate the nite time bump.