[IP] Re: 5 day sets

Randall,
	Contrare, my sweet friend. The CDE that first instructed me on the use of
the pump is on the pump herself and told me that she too used softsets and
managed with 5 day sets. Of course there are times when a set goes bad and
have to change it but for the most part I have few problems with 5 days.
	Incidentally, my CDE has been on the pump for 16 years and is also an RN.
Also, depending where the set is placed there is NO redness or discomfort.
I changed it the day before yesterday and all that shows is the dimple or
indention where the cath was. No problems here.
	I ALWAYS take a bath before a set change to insure all is clean. I use no
alcohol or betadine, just clean skin. Was taught not to even breath on the
set. No problems. . . . .