Re: [IP] Thanksgiving meal

On 28 Nov 97 at 22:01, Alon Levi wrote:

> > During military service?  What branch of the military will let a
> > diabetic in, or let one stay in?  I've met several people who were
> > retired when their diabetes was diagnosed.  Seems like Lispro would
> > be more adaptable to the unpredictability of a military schedule
> > though.    Hmm... I can see it now - running up the cease fire flag
> > so the combatants can check their blood sugar or change an infusion
> > set...
>
> Well, not as quite. Actully, I was execused from the Army but I
> volunteered. I will most likely be a militry Photographer in the Air
> force,  or in the spokeman unit.
>
> About Lispro - It seems to be that regular, although worse bg
> results, is more suitable for the army. Mybee my bg's will be higer,
> but the risk of "surprise" hypo is much smaller.
>
> After school, all of us around here must join the army. In fact, I
> believe that It will contribue both for me and my country (as much as
> one can contribue).

That's good that you can go ahead and join even with the diabetes.
It will probably mean some difficulties, but like you said you will
be able to contribute to your country.  At the same time you will be
demonstrating that those of us with diabetes are able to contribute
too...  I hope it works out for you!

Randall.

Randall Winchester

* misunderstood something.