Re: [IP] Thanksgiving meal

On 27 Nov 97 at 22:02, Alon Levi wrote:

> > Alon,
> > You asked about pumping Lispro [Humalog] and exercising.  I fit that
> > catagory.  I started injecting Lispro in the summer of 1996 and when I
> > started pumping in November 1996, I didn't want to return to R.
>
> I'm currently using Regular, although Lispro seems to me as a much
> better choise for my active lifestyle. The reason I don't make the
> switch is that it won't be available to me during militry service (at
> least not on an easy way).

During military service?  What branch of the military will let a
diabetic in, or let one stay in?  I've met several people who were
retired when their diabetes was diagnosed.  Seems like Lispro would
be more adaptable to the unpredictability of a military schedule
though.    Hmm... I can see it now - running up the cease fire flag
so the combatants can check their blood sugar or change an infusion
set...

Randall Winchester

* misunderstood something.