Re: [IP] "DO NOT DRINK" STICKER ON VELOSULIN

Jim:

Many pharmacies use computerized systems, and I think the system determines
which warning labels to attach to the prescriptions. There is probably a
bit of the ol' CYA here as well. In my case, the pharmacy's system
automatically generates a form for counselling the patient re: use of the
prescription. The first time I saw it, I laughed and asked the pharmacist
if he had any questions for *me* on insulin usage, since I already had over
40 years' worth of experience with it ;-)

Now, if they start putting these same warning labels on your bass fishing
lures, you know you are really in trouble .... ;-)

>I'D LIKE TO HEAR WHAT SOME OF YOU PUMPERS HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THIS.  I CHANGED
>DRUG STORES RECENTLY, AND WITH MY FIRST VIALS OF VELOSULIN I NOTICED A
STICKER
>ON THE BOX STATING, "DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES WHEN TAKING THIS
>MEDICATION".   I HAD NOT SEEN THIS ON MY VELOSULIN PREVIOUSLY.  IS THIS
>SOMETHING MEANINGFUL OR JUST A PHARMACY COVERING ITS BUTT?  GIMME A BREAK,
>DON'T WE GIVE UP ENOUGH AS IT IS?  PS - I'M JIM JOSEPH, AND I DO
EVERYTHING IN
>MODERATION, EXCEPT BASS FISHING.

Bob Burnett

mailto:email @ redacted