Re: [IP] carb counting {Unused insulin}

I started thinking along the line of UnUsed Insulin when I started
frequent testing (7-10 per day).  Without considering this, it is easy
to double-bolus, where you don't consider the "unused insulin" and bolus
twice for the "same" high.  I took the Lilley information from the
Humalog data sheet and I put that into an Excel spreadsheet.  From this
I integrated the serum-insulin curves and could calculate the percent of
a dose that is "unused" as a function of time.  The data below is that
calculation.  I have done this for both Humalog and Regular insulins.  I
include it all in the event that someone is interested in following the
mathematics.  If anyone would like the spreadsheet emailed to them,
email that request to me and include what version of Excel you are
using.
Jay
(SFI -Serum Free Insulin)

[Image]