Re: [IP] Re: Pump advocate

Buddy,
I still believe that there are those who don't want to admit to the
world that their life is different.  Being on a pump is great, don't
misunderstand me in that.  My experience is that I had a bad hypo
episode, freaked my wife out and she called 911 ect.,  that forced me to
want to change and ultimately that change led to my pump.  Conversely,
there is a diabetic who I work with who has passed out several times at
work, has had probably 4 911 calls there this year alone.  He has passed
out shortly after parking his car.  Despite this, he refuses to address
his condition in any capacity.  I can see what he does and I can follow
his thought process because I have been in a similar state at times
[never that bad, but close enough].  He could only use a pump after a
major change in his approach, no matter how much better his life would
become.  He is not ready for the responsibility.  I cannot believe that
he is alone.
Enough of this, though.  Let's all think turkey and that sort of stuff,
pleasant thought for those of us who do make the commitment and can reap
the benefits
Jay