Re: [IP] presentation to middle-school kids

Mary Jean,

>From what I have read, doctors in two of the biggest diabetes hospitals
in the states are against kids being on pumps until the kids are 15 or
16.  Lack of knowledge is a very dangerous thing.  But the bigger danger
is the doctors not wanting to learn enough about the pump to help their
young patients.  I can't remember, were the parents at that meeting?
Even if the kids get excited about better care, nothing will happen if
the parents don't support the kids.  Fear of the unknown comes to mind.
The kids, parents and doctors know injections, they don't know pumps.

Just thinking!

Rose, aka Ravi's mom