Re: Re: [IP] carb counting

On Thu, 20 Nov 1997 email @ redacted wrote:
> What do you people do when you are out, and don'y know the carb count of
> something? Do you not eat it? do
> you take a guess? Just what do you do?
Yep!
Rember exchanges? (how could you forget) estimate like that.

After carb counting awhile, you will be able to look at a plate of food
and guess within about 10%. Really!!  Lily can about 80-90 % of the time.

The other trick is to eat, check in 1 hour, look at the rise or fall of
bg and adjust by using the unused insulin rule (or its converse if you're
high).  You'd be supprised how many servings of things are exactly one
exchange.

Michael