Re: [IP] carb counting

<< I just read an article from some diabetes thing I get. I will have to
 bring it to work to give you the exact name of the paper. It said, if I
 understood the article to look at a label for the carb count. Then look
 at the fiber count. Since fiber has to be counted as a carb and is not
 digestible, the article said to subtract it from the total carb to get
 the actual carb that one needs to bolus for when eating that food. I have

 Roz,

I haven't heard of this either but now that you mention it... it does make
sense!  Please let us know what the original source for this article is and
I, too, would like to know if anyone else knows about this.  It could make a
big difference with some foods like chile, etc.

Mary Jean