[IP] carb counting

I just read an article from some diabetes thing I get. I will have to
bring it to work to give you the exact name of the paper. It said, if I
understood the article to look at a label for the carb count. Then look
at the fiber count. Since fiber has to be counted as a carb and is not
digestible, the article said to subtract it from the total carb to get
the actual carb that one needs to bolus for when eating that food. I have
always just looked at the carb count. I don't remember ever having been
told to subtract out the fiber grams. Anybody out there heard of any such,
or have I just been sleeping? I don't have my carb counting down really
well, maybe that could be one of the reasons. You people that have your
sugars under really tight control, do you subtract fibers, any responses
would be appreciated. Thanks, Roz