Re: [IP] air bubbles

In a message dated 11/18/97 5:31:03 PM, Carol Wassen wrote:

>Today is my first day with the humalog in the pump, I did have trouble when
>filling the syringe with the humalog, I had a great deal of trouble with the
>air bubbles, I thought I got them all but just now when looking at the
>syringe inside my pump I can see tiny little pockets of air and I also see
>them in the line( they are very tiny and look like little specks when I hold
>them up to the light), now since these are so tiny do I worry about them? Is
>this normal?

I dont feel that tiny ones are a real problem, Large ones you can push out
through the tubing.

>My over all impressions of my first day on the pump, I don't like it but I'm
>going to keep with it to see if I can iron these things out, I had one low
>today 59 this morning, and now I'm around 200 at 3:00pm. My goal in getting
>on the pump was to have stable, closer to normal blood sugars, is this
>possible on the pump or am I still going to bounce up and down.

It will happen but not overnight,  it may take some time to fine tune your
pump to your diabetes. Everyone is different. I think that you will find that
in the long run the pump will give you a better quality of life.

>Have some of you people who have been on the pump for awhile found blood
>sugars easier to manage?

definitely, YES!
Hang in Carol, it will get better.
- ---Jim