[IP] Re: getting started

Hang In There!  My first week was truely a learning experience.  I went into
the forties as I was packing my car leaving the hospital (my wife did not
come to pick me up).  However, over the last ten years, I have learned that
the pump is the closest thing to normal that we folks with diabetes will
ever get.  It takes time for the other insulin to get out of your system and
for the Humalog to take over.

cliff
- ----------
> From: Wasson <email @ redacted>
> To: email @ redacted
> Subject: [IP] air bubbles
> Date: Tue, 18 Nov 97 20:56:38 +0000
>
>Today is my first day with the humalog in the pump, I did have trouble when
>filling the syringe with the humalog, I had a great deal of trouble with
the
>air bubbles, I thought I got them all but just now when looking at the
>syringe inside my pump I can see tiny little pockets of air and I also see
>them in the line( they are very tiny and look like little specks when I
hold
>them up to the light), now since these are so tiny do I worry about them?
Is
>this normal?
>My over all impressions of my first day on the pump, I don't like it but
I'm