[IP] Re:Depression and Diabetes

email @ redacted wrote about her depression and being treated with Zoloft.  I
have had a fair amount of experience treating folks with depression on
Zoloft.  My main caveat is to watch your sugars!   All SSRIs (selective
serotonin reuptake inhibitors), which include Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft and
Luvox will work to LOWER blood sugars, so that you may need to adjust the
basal rate over time.  Let you CDE or MD know you are on the stuff.  The
usual dose of Zoloft is 50 to 200 mg/day, if you are doingwell on a certain
dose, there is no reason to increase it.  If I can answer any further
psychiatric questions, please let me know!

cliff-