Re: [IP] air bubbles

Carol wrote:
> I can see tiny little pockets of air and I also see
> them in the line( they are very tiny and look like little specks when I hold
> them up to the light), now since these are so tiny do I worry about them? Is
> this normal?

Yes, it is normal.  You will get better at pen tapping as you
continue to pump.

I don't know the type of infusion line you are using, but for the
MiniMed lines a WHOLE INCH of air is only 1/2 unit of insulin, so
don't worry about it.  If you really do ever get a big bubble, you
can either disconnect the QR and bolus it out when it gets close to
the QR or do a little extra insulin to replace it.

email @ redacted