Re: Re: [IP] Humalog

> >That's right, why would you want to carry it when there is 50 >to 300
> >units in the syringe in the pump.  You can always draw it out >with a
> >standard injection syringe if the pump dies.
>
> Michael, could you please explain to me how you draw insulin from the
> reservoir with a standard syringe? I'm sure there is a simple answer, but I
> can't seem to come up with it.

1) You should be disconnected from the pump
    (or try it with an old pump syringe when you change sets)

2) remove infusion line by disconnecting LurLock at base of syringe

3) hold pump syringe plunger up.

4) insert injection syringe needle into LurLock fitting on pump
syringe and draw insulin.
email @ redacted