Re: Re: [IP] Humalog

Michael wrote:
>That's right, why would you want to carry it when there is 50 >to 300
>units in the syringe in the pump.  You can always draw it out >with a
>standard injection syringe if the pump dies.

Michael, could you please explain to me how you draw insulin from the
reservoir with a standard syringe? I'm sure there is a simple answer, but I
can't seem to come up with it.

I only carry my insulin with me, because I was told to inject insulin if I
have a very high BG along with keytones.  I'm sure this is in case the
infusion set is clogged or something. This way I will get the insulin for
sure, and quickly.
I do what I am told, so I carry my insulin with me.....since I use a bottle
before 28 days, there shouldn't be any problem with it spoiling, especially
here in PA, at this time of year.

I don't find it any problem to carry one extra set, reservoir and a bottle of
insulin with me in case of an emergency. I am told that, that is what the
little blue bag is for, that came with the pump. Maybe at a later date, when
I have more confidence in the pump, I will not do this.

Sissy