Re: [IP] Humalog

I too was taught to inject in the event of a high sugar, but lately I
have been thinking along a different tact.
The other aspect is that I was also taught that you should eat and bolus
shortly after you insert a new infusion set.  This being to insure that
the line is "clear." [Though I don't know how it could contain any
debris due to the needle.]  Nevertheless, if I have a clogged canula, it
needs to be changed.  If I also have a high, I need a shot of insulin.
It seems that if I took an injection, and then changed the infusion set,
I would be reducing the size of that "first" bolus.  Rather why not
change the set and then bolus to cover the high.

If the suspicion is that the pump is malfunctioning, then obviously you
need to either go to your backup pump or start shots.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this approach?

Incidently, I keep my opened Humalog in the frig.  Take it out when I
need it and havn't had any bubble or strength problems.

Jay